Business Development Manager
LendIt brings together the leading lending platforms, investors, and service providers in our industry for unparalleled educational, networking, and business development opportunities. LendIt hosts threes conferences annually: our flagship conference in the United States-LendIt USA, LendIt Europe in London and LendIt China in Shanghai.
- Consistently hit event revenue targets
- Use value-based sales methodology to investigate customer needs
- Present tailored, benefit-driven solutions
- Pitch effectively across multiple decision makers
- Negotiate to deliver consistently high yields across sponsorship packages
- Use customer-centric, well-written and tailored communication
- Call times of 2-3 hours per day
- 5 face-to-face meetings per month
- Regularly read relevant business press and actively seek to improve industry knowledge and uncover new prospects
- Follow the event sales strategy and plan
- Proactively seek ways to overcome obstacles to achieving event goals
- Keep clear, accurate records of progress by using Salesforce
Account Management and Customer Service
- Liaise with sponsors prior to event to understand key requirements and criteria of success
- Maximize the positive experience for our clients by working with them onsite to effect introductions and meet their needs
- Leverage relationships into ongoing rebooking campaigns
Financial Management and Productivity
- Coordinate with credit control and ensure invoices are paid
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years of sales experience
- Proactive, ambitious and disciplined professional that can drive sales through international sales trips, face-to-face meetings and telephone sales.
- Results driven individual who can demonstrate they have surpassed targets set and take ownership of projects they have worked on.
- Ability to engage prospects in a vision of what the event will look like – ‘concept selling’ as opposed to requiring a finished product to make sales.
- Ability to prospect, source leads and identify new niche categories and companies
- Experience selling into the financial service and/or technology industries.